Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here we go...

     I was finally able to sit down with Andrew and discuss all the things I needed to be addressing, including but not limited to vaccinations, sponsor money, gear, clothes, and packing. Basically, I will need to buy all things rain-proof, cram it into a rain-proof backpack, and release any expectation of comfort or convenience.....


.....and I couldn't be more excited.

   After discussing these things and talking about Andrew's last trip to Africa, we decided that a camping trip is necessary for us all to bond and get acquainted. That should be interesting. Haha. I also got Stakwell's contact information and actually heard back from him a couple of days ago! Looks like I will be living at the camp where Ben and Andrew will be helping out but I'll be spending most of my time at the school where Stakwell's wife teaches. It seems that there are a few students with disabilities at that school so maybe I can offer my assistance there.

   Sponsor letters have been sent out and I will be getting my vaccinations over Spring Break. Meanwhile, I am letting God prepare my heart for this summer, as well as what is beginning to look like many future trips to Kenya:)

No comments:

Post a Comment