Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Erin's letter got me thinking..

     So I just read Erins support letter and I really liked the 1 Timothy 6:7 passage-"For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it."  This concept is so simple yet so profound.  I think it goes right to the roots of "Love for the Sake of Love."  I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 13 where the entire chapter describes love and how it is deeper than everything else (including faith and hope).  When it is all said and done, when we throw in the towel at the end of our lives, that is what it comes down to.  Our faith and hope in Jesus and the love he asks us to show to others as was shown to us by him.  Not what job we had.  Or our bank statement.  Or how smart we are. 
      As i sit here trying to study for a test I think back to that 1 corinthians passage where it says "knowledge will pass away"  and "for now we know in part" and it reminds me that no matter how much I study or think I know, I will never come even come close to knowing everything in this imperfect world.  Often times its easy to make knowledge or sucess in business or money and end.  Thats what our society teaches us.  But these things, when they ultimately become the end we are pursuing, are just a slippery slope.  When used correctly, they are simply a means by which to exhibit what truly matters-love.  Those of us who have been blessed with these things have a responsibilty.  I certainly dont want to be the servant who recieved his tenants and buried them in the ground.  "For whom much has been given, much will be demanded."
    Anyway, I often find myself getting enticed by worldly thinking, and when I see what the Bible says about love, it really hits home hard.  Love never fails, and it goes deeper than the material possesions that will remain on this earth when we leave. 

                                                                          -Ben Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment