Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Finding God in Uncertainty

The bombings in Uganda are truly heart breaking.  The possibility of what they signify for Uganda’s future is really scary.  I’ve been able to talk to a few people in Kampala and from what I’ve heard, the atmosphere completely changed within a few hours.  Uganda’s elections in February will be a big turning point for Uganda and could put Uganda back in a dangerous situation.  As I’m sitting here in so much uncertainty of the future for Love for the Sake of Love (both from these recent events and from other influences) I couldn’t be more certain of God’s calling for us to go and serve.  Whether we’re supposed to be in a different part of Africa or God wants us to help the needs of Uganda that may soon be bigger than ever before, I’m so ready to go.  It may be the hardest and most uncomfortable thing I ever do, but as I continue to grow closer to God each day my passion for the people of Africa also grows exponentially.
While I’m excited to go and would gladly jump on a plane today if someone handed me a ticket, I’m also very excited about the preparation time God has given me here.  That’s not something I’ve always been able to say as my heart and mind are usually focused on Africa.  I know there is SO much more that I need to learn and I’m thankful for the time God has given me to do so.  I can’t wait to continue to build up the stateside aspect of Love for the Sake of Love.  God has been reminding me lately that when we first started Love for the Sake of Love our vision was to bridge the gap between those willing to serve and the needs of the developing world.  If we want to do that, then we need to start getting people passionate about what God is doing and preparing them to go serve.  I don’t know what exactly this means yet, but I really envision having some kind of program in the future that will train people mentally, physically, and spiritually to go serve.  I’ve been told by so many people that being a missionary doesn’t start when you step off of the plane on the other side of the world; it starts way before that back at home.  We need to be serving God HERE and spreading the gospel HERE if we are serious about what we’re doing.  This is definitely easier said than done, but while I’m in the United States I want to be serving in the communities here and I want to get others involved in the process.  
I also feel like God is calling us to continue to raise funds and support and really devote our time to this in the next year.  It would be easy to wait until God reveals his plan to us so we could present our perfect 3-step plan to others and show them exactly what we’ll be doing, but God doesn’t work like that.  Honestly, it’s going to be really hard to go up to people and say “Hey, I’m not sure where we’re going, what we’ll really be doing, or how we’ll get it done, but somehow God’s going to pull it off and I would love your support along the way”, but that’s what God is calling us to do.  He doesn’t call us to sacrifice our lives once we know all of the conditions to what we’re agreeing to, He calls us to give up our lives and follow Him no matter what....and to trust that we don’t need to have all the answers right away, because He has them and that is all we need.  
This is what we’re going to try to do and I would love for all of you to be there praying for us and holding us accountable along the way.  I’m sure most of my professors would tell me that this is not the proper way to establish a business plan, but I think I’ll choose God’s plan instead of my own, because I know it is going to be so much greater than I could ever even imagine.  

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment