Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Saturday, June 12, 2010

In the short rows...

In Wayne/Johnston County, when a task is almost completed, folks generally say that they are "in the short rows." When working in a field, the rows get shorter at the ends. So when you reach the "short rows," you know it's quitting time soon.


My plane leaves in exactly 10 days. And it feels like I am "almost done." Almost done getting the materials I need. Almost done sorting out financial details. Almost done wondering what it will be like when I get there. Because as soon as my plane lands in Nairobi, all the pieces will fall into place and I can just rest in the peace of being where God wants to use me. I know as soon as I arrive, I will not stop learning about God's love and provision, about myself, about how to love on people in general. I know each day will be humbling and bring perspective.


Now if I can only get through these 10 days! Every once in a while, thoughts creep in to my head to make me uneasy. What if I can't find Andrew and Ben at the airport? What if something gets mixed up with my flights? What if I forget something crucial? Nevertheless, God is dealing with these thoughts as they occur and forcing me to exercise complete and total dependency on him. What a good Daddy, right?


I will be meeting Andrew's mom and Ben's mom this Sunday for prayer for the team. Also to pick up a bag to take to the boys. Apparently the need for American candy bars is pretty intense so this will be the first need I meet during this experience:)


If anyone has any packing/flying/airport advice, do tell. Otherwise, keep praying for L4L, the team in Africa, Alison, and all those involved with this. For now, I will continue counting down the short rows...


-Erin Gamble

No comments:

Post a Comment