Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Friday, June 11, 2010

finally on the road

The plan was to leave at 10:30 this morning and we pulled out of the church parking lot a little after 3. Being 5 hours behind schedule seems to be the start of any great church trip so I knew that it was a good sign. We are now a little over one hour into our 8 hour drive to Lee university in tennessee for the first two YCM conferences I'm working at this summer. Each week will have a few hundred students. I never went to any of the great escape conferences as a student so I have no idea what to expect. Its hard for me to go into the situation not knowing anything, but I know its exactly what I need. It will push me to give up all control to God. I'm excited to see what He does there and to see so many middle schoolers experience God...many for the first time.
Andrew and Ben spent the past few days doing work in Rwanda and are now back in uganda. They met with George, the missions pastor from Providence in Raleigh, today and will be working more with him this weekend.
Be on the lookout for a blog post about our website. We're finishing up the final details for it and plan to launch it soon.

Alison
Co-founder

No comments:

Post a Comment