Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To Entebbe and Beyond.

Looks like this is the first blog post from inside the motherland.  We left Raleigh two mornings ago and three plane rides and several airline meals later we are find ourselves at a mission house in Entebbe, the workplace of a woman named Robbin, whom Andrew and I stayed with last night.  Im guessing Andrew will talk more about our plans for the next couple of days later in the post, so I will just give a couple first impressions of my own.
One thing that I have noticed is this change of scenery has pulled me away from big time-consuming elements I find myself attracted to in the States.  I have already had quite a bit of time to read, write, pray and think which is great.  The fact that watching television and mindlessly surfing the web are two things I can no longer freely access whenever I want is something I look forward to this summer.
Also, here there are men who taxi people around on motorized scooters.  Andrew and I hitched a ride with one of them earlier today and I can now say I have ridden on a motorized scooter with two other grown men at the same time.  I will go ahead and check that off my Bucket list.  
                                                               -Ben

A PB&J on a hamberger bun, a few dutch words and half my lifetime on a plane, and were here. Buttt it still feels good to be back. Found out mrs Robin is living the good life. Shes got a real nice place with hot water and a full size fridge, and a cat named cookie ill leave it at that. I sat next to some interesting people on the flights here. The last lady was from uganda and had lost her green card. So for the first two hours of our flight from amsterdam i watched her take apart her purse 80 times. (probably more but i stopped counting.) I have come to the conclusion that  KLM needs to take the royal out of their dutch airlines name until they stop serving food that smells like poverty. But overall it was good. I didnt sleep till i took out my camping pillow, and from there on it was doze on and off the rest of the way.

Today ben and i got up ate some food took some showers petted the cat and took off. We are now at the office for the next 30 minutes before we head to Kampala to make our second major contact. Jonathan Jenkins. So far so good. Lunch was grilled cheese which in my book is high class. Maybe ill send a letter to the airlines.
We will stay in touch. if you do have any questions please ask its easier to write in here answering questions.

-Andrew.
L4L
Co Founder.

ps. for those who have read my past blogs, news update, africa now puts the dashed tear line in the tp. Upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment