Welcome! This is the personal blog for the team that makes up the non-profit organization, Love for the Sake of Love. Here, we'll update you on the work we're doing, what is going on with each of us personally, and some of our random thoughts on life. We hope that this blog will give you some insight on each of us and the things we're doing at Love for the Sake of Love. Please choose a category below to get started.


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Worry Wart

Welp. Plane tickets are purchased. Vaccinations have been administered. Support letters are sent. And now all I have left to do is "get rid of all of my expectations" as Alison and Andrew keep telling me. Not really going well. I think about Kenya probably 20 times a day. More often than not, I analyze and mentally prepare rather than praying and releasing control. If you know me, you know that this is something I have never really embraced...

Andrew and I had our first sibling tiff this week. I came at him demanding knowledge. How much is in our account? What do I need to be doing? You never responded to my e-mail. Grrr. (PS - One bowl of chili and 5 minutes of immature behavior later we were back to normal)

Andrew is what I like to call a Mary Magdalene. I am undoubtedly a Martha (Luke 10:38-42). Both are necessary in this world. However, I feel like the Marys have somewhat of an advantage on the getting-to-know-your-lord-and-savior front. This realization is gradually mellowing me. Alison Gamble is taking good care of us. I have done my part. Now I need to allow God to prepare my heart. Which takes focus off of what I can "do" and places it back on what Christ has already done.

There are still many items left on the trip to Kenya to-do list. And I am, in writing, declaring that I will not worry over these insignificant details. Feel free to hold me to that.

-Erin Gamble

No comments:

Post a Comment